Confessions of a First Time Mom

Not too long ago I wrote a post on my breastfeeding confessions. After that post, I got to thinking that it might be fun to share some of my first time mom confessions. I’d love to hear some of yours, too. Make sure you leave them in the comments!

Confessions of a First Time Mom - Click to find out the only pregnancy book I read and my strange first pregnancy symptom. What's your confession?

(This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure page for more information.)

The only pregnancy book I read cover to cover was Baby Bumps by Nicole Polizzi (a.ka. Snooki from The Jersey Shore). I probably should be embarrassed to admit this but I’m not. It was a really good book. Especially, since I faced an unplanned pregnancy. Though Nicole’s circumstances were very different, I could relate to and felt comforted by her initial feelings toward finding out she was pregnant.

I once got out of the car at a stop sign, while very pregnant, because I was angry (over something really stupid, of course). I ended up in Starbucks sitting at a table crying to some strange man about my problems. Hormones anyone?!?!

One of my first pregnancy symptoms was gas. I looked it up and it’s totally normal. I then called a friend and asked her why I’ve never heard anyone talk about this. Seriously. Why? Am I the only one?

I got a lot of nose bleeds when I was pregnant. Another symptom I had no idea about!

I was so sleep deprived the first month of my son’s life, I hardly remember it. So glad I recorded a lot!

I was really freaked out to use that Nose Freida thingMy son was 4 months old the first time I used it. And, yes, it is as amazing as everyone says. If you don’t have one, you should get one… if you can get over the fact that you’re sucking up snot!

I have second guessed my son’s name. A lot. Don’t get me wrong, I love his name. In fact, I wrote it down a couple of years before he was born. But he actually goes by his middle name (the name I love) and I’ve often thought maybe I should have just gone with that as his first name. Also, he has a hyphenated last name. I’ve wondered about that decision many times. Ugh.

I once referred to my son as “my nephew”The really bad part is, it wasn’t that long ago! But, in my defense, I was an aunt for 19 years before becoming a mom. It takes some getting used to!

Motherhood is way more fun than I ever expectedI knew that I would love being a mom but I also knew that it would be tiring and hard because that’s what I constantly hear moms say. All. the. time. I was pleasantly surprised to find out how fun it is!

These are just a few. I could probably write a book with all my confessions. Who knows?!?! Maybe I will!

Ok, you’re turn! What’s one of your confessions?

Did you know I launched a new blog in October 2016? Check out For the Love of Mom where there’s less kids stuff and more stuff just for YOU!

16 thoughts on “Confessions of a First Time Mom

1. Christine - The Choosy Mommy September 9, 2016 / 4:55 am

I would have to add the fact that at a certain point you just feel like the baby is just going to fall right out of you. Lol

• Inez September 9, 2016 / 11:47 am

Haha. Unfortunately, I never got to that point. I had a stubborn little guy that was quite cozy in mommy’s belly and NOT happy when they finally took him out! 🙂

2. Shann Eva September 9, 2016 / 7:10 am

Ha! I love all of these. I totally don’t even remember the first 6 months of my oldest son’s life because I was so sleep deprived. The Nose Frida also freaked me out, but it is a life saver. I never stopped when pregnant because I was mad, but had to pull over all the time to throw up. Ugh.

3. Niki September 9, 2016 / 7:36 am

My husband would never do the Nose Frieda. I always had to do it! lol I gave one to my friend at her baby shower and she gave me a disgusted look. I was like YOU’LL NEED IT.

• Inez September 9, 2016 / 11:50 am

I was literally afraid! haha. I got one when I was pregnant but I just couldn’t do it. Finally, I saw my friend’s husband use it on their daughter and he went on and on about how great it was. So, I was like… ok, next time I need it I’m using it. haha

4. Anonymous September 9, 2016 / 9:32 am

Nose Freda is amazing! And I don’t feel like I had any strange confessions. Now the nose Freda freaked me out too, but It worked so good. As an exhausted new mommy I would breast feed laying down so everyone could sleep. It was a win win for us all!!

5. Candy Mercado September 9, 2016 / 10:15 am

I got the nose bleeds too, but only with my last, which was totally weird. My confession includes, for all three, the fact that all of them were almost born outside the hospital. I was granted with very quick labors, and early births. Go figure. Very interesting post. God bless.

• Inez September 9, 2016 / 11:50 am

It is totally weird but apparently normal. My family didn’t believe me that it was. haha.

6. Susan Croox September 9, 2016 / 2:36 pm

Once I didn’t have the Nose Frieda and my little guy was too congested to sleep. I sucked that baby without the device. Ewwwwwwweeeewwwwwwwww

• inezbayardo September 11, 2016 / 11:35 pm

Oh my word. Seriously?!?! Yikes. I’m not sure I could do that! haha

7. Kate Shelby September 11, 2016 / 1:15 am

I can totally relate to a few of these Inez. Great post.

8. Tiffany @ shortsweetmom.com September 11, 2016 / 9:35 pm

I was so scared to cut my daughters finger nails because I didn’t want to hurt her. The first few times went well. Then my biggest fear happened. I took off a little too much and her finger bled. I cried more than she did.

• inezbayardo September 11, 2016 / 11:47 pm

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot that one… I was so scared that I bit my son’s fingernails off. I know, gross. Haha. And I would cry, too!

9. Naya @ Lactivist in Louboutins September 12, 2016 / 6:30 am

I love these confessions! I haven’t read Snookie’s pregnancy book, but I also read that it was an honest, refreshing, and funny read. My confession is that I had to cut my oldest’s finger while trimming his nails with a nail cutter. I felt so guilty that I never used it on him again as a baby (only as a toddler). I would tear his nails off with my fingers.

• Inez November 6, 2016 / 1:15 am

I used to bite them off because I was so scared! haha