How to Get Better Sleep

My mom and I were recently having a conversation about how I really don’t know anything about what I was like as a baby. Except that I was a good sleeper. My mom looked at me and said in a very matter-of-fact way, “You were a really good sleeper.”

I’ve always loved to sleep.

I had a friend who used to say he wished he didn’t need sleep because it was a waste of time. Thanks but no thanks. I need my sleep! Few things make me quite as happy a lying my head on my pillow at night. (sigh)

How to Get Better Sleep

Unfortunately, I just don’t sleep like I used to anymore.

Let me rephrase that, I don’t sleep as much as I used to. I’m still a pretty good sleeper, though. When I sleep, I sleep. It’s probably a good thing my son and I co-sleep, otherwise, he would probably be left to cry for quite awhile before I would hear him.

Although, I don’t have issues with sleeping once I am sleeping, I do have issues with not going to sleep early enough or taking awhile to unwind when I attempt to go to sleep earlier.

Maybe life would be easier if we didn’t need sleep but we do. It’s a crucial part of our health and well-being. And I know I’m not the only that struggles with getting some zzzzzz’s. This is why I am really excited to introduce you to, Casper, a start-up company that is involved in helping to create the perfect night’s sleep with innovative resources and products like their latex foam mattresses.

Casper sent me their exclusive better night sleep cards so that I could share one or a few with you. (I’m going to share them all… shhhh.) Also, though I have received these cards to review and share with you, all views and opinions are my own and I have not received compensation.

So, I have to admit, I didn’t really know what to expect when I heard I would be sent some “cards”. Were they going to hypnotize me? I had no idea!

Each card simply has a sleep problem with some advice on how to combat said problem. They’re pretty simple but they have great advice. I have actually struggled with most of these at one time or another,  except maybe Sunday night insomnia (I never even would have thought of that one!). Oh, and noise. I can sleep through anything. Right now, “busy mind” is probably my issue. I feel like when my little one goes down to sleep, the race is on to get stuff done. I’m going to try this advice and get into a pre-bedtime routine. Or maybe I’ll start with getting a bedtime!

I hope you find these cards helpful, as I have.

What’s your sleep problem?

Anxiety. Sleep Problems. How to Get Better Sleep.

Busy Mind. Sleep Problems. How to Get Better Sleep.

Discomfort. Sleep Problems. How to Get Better Sleep.

Hunger. Sleep Problems. How to Get Better Sleep.

Noise. Sleep Problems. How to Get Better Sleep.

Not Tired. Sleep Problems. How to Get Better Sleep.

Sunday Night Insomnia. Sleep Problems. How to Get Better Sleep.

Temperature. Sleep Problems. How to Get Better Sleep.

24 thoughts on “How to Get Better Sleep

1. Kristen May 27, 2016 / 2:52 pm

These are great tips. I make sure to set temp at 65 every night and I’m trying to get better at not looking at my phone once I lay down lol. Thanks for sharing!

• inezbayardo May 27, 2016 / 5:57 pm

Ummm, yeah, I need to work on putting the phone down!

2. Allison Lancater May 27, 2016 / 4:02 pm

I needed this today! After being up with a little one all night last night…I need some sleep!

3. Mihaela Echols May 27, 2016 / 6:46 pm

I loved the little note cards for the reasons. I for one am also a huge sleeper! I love sleep.

• inezbayardo May 28, 2016 / 10:37 pm

Yeah, they’re pretty cool. Yes, sleep is WONDERFUL!! And, though, I’m often pretty tired since having my son I feel like I can sleep for 5 minutes and it feels like I slept for hours. haha.

4. Sarah Eliza @ devastateboredom May 27, 2016 / 7:45 pm

Hmmmmm they sent you cards??? Where’s your fancy mattress? ;P Just kidding, but c’mon!

Some good tips there tho! Off to do my pre-bed stretching…

• inezbayardo May 28, 2016 / 10:38 pm

Hahaha. I didn’t even think of that. I should hire you to do my negotiations! Happy stretching!

5. Faith May 29, 2016 / 6:02 am

Haha! Oh no, I don’t know how I’ll be able to give up my precious sleep when we have kids!

• inezbayardo May 31, 2016 / 9:07 pm

It’s really hard to imagine until you do it. But you adjust. 🙂

6. Jess May 29, 2016 / 8:57 am

Thanks so much for sharing these ideas. I know my anxiety causes a lot of sleepless nights! I’ve actually included this post in my monthly feature I do about the best bits from across the web. Thanks for sharing!

7. Caroline May 29, 2016 / 9:41 am

oh no 😦 The cards aren’t working for me (the images won’t come up). I am all about getting lots of sleep 😉

8. Pamela May 29, 2016 / 7:19 pm

Without sleep, I go into a migraine. Which I was doing…every morning! So I take a magic orange pill that puts me in a deeper sleep. I love the verse that says, “I will lay me down in peace and sleep.” To often I want to go over the failures of the day. I’ve quoted that verse over and over until I fall asleep.

• inezbayardo May 31, 2016 / 9:10 pm

Oh, wow. That’s terrible. I haven’t had migraines but they seem awful! I’m glad you are able to get help with sleep. That is a great verse, too!

9. brianna May 31, 2016 / 7:52 pm

Sleep is so needed. Some days I get enough, but some nights I sleep terribly. The reason for this though is my 4 year old still climbs in bed with us and takes up too much room:)

• inezbayardo May 31, 2016 / 9:05 pm

Oh, yes, it’s amazing how a tiny person can take up the WHOLE bed! haha

10. Jed June 2, 2016 / 10:16 am

Cute cards and excellent sleep-time strategies. As a daddy to four girls–one who is under two-months-old–falling asleep is not a problem, it’s the staying asleep that is more difficult. Do they have cards for hungry babies, toddlers who want to climb into mom and dad’s bed, and older girls who sometimes have bad dreams? 🙂

Wishing you a restful week!

• inezbayardo June 2, 2016 / 11:00 am

Hahaha. Yeah, that would be awesome!

11. Georgiana August 12, 2016 / 8:12 pm

LOL….I hate sleeping. I used to love it, but now I try to stay awake until the last. possible. minute.

12. Julie August 13, 2016 / 8:33 am

These are great! They sent me cards too but I haven’t opened the file yet.