May is birthday month around here. My birthday, my son’s birthday and my blog’s birthday! One year ago, at 38 weeks pregnant, I decided to start novicemommy.com. I had blogged on and off for years but it was basically a way for me to write some thoughts down and (sometimes) share them with my friends and family on Facebook. I’ve always loved to write and since I was a little girl, being a writer was my dream. As I was nearing the birth of my son, I realized that I had to make that dream a reality. With my whole world (and Pinterest boards) being overtaken by all things baby, it seemed like a no brainer… and novicemommy.com was born. Just a couple of weeks before my son! It has been a crazy, busy, awesome year with both of my babies. As I look back at how I defined being a writer, a year ago, I can say I have achieved that dream. Thank you for being a part of my dream come true! In honor of my blogging birthday, I have made a list of my Top 12 Posts from my first year. Take a look and see if there’s something you missed!
- 10 Interesting and Fun Facts About Newborns (check out an updated version that was published on HuffingtonPost)
- Baby’s First Easter Basket Ideas
- Budget-Friendly Labor & Delivery Nurse Gifts
- 9 Quotes for Mother’s Day
- Let’s Not Make Meternity Leave a Thing
- How to Balance the Blog Life and Mom Life
- This is Why I am A Stay-At-Home Mom
- 4 Ways to Support Your Friend, the Blogger
- 5 Chick Flicks to Binge Watch on Netflix
- My Labor Playlist
- Tips for Treating Dry Skin in Pregnancy
- 3 Tips on Relationships for Moms
Bonus: There were a couple of ties, so to break them I chose posts only written by me. Here are two guest posts from Real Moms Talk that tied in the Top 12 but didn’t make my cut. Real Moms Talk Losing the Baby Weight and God is Still Faithful and He is Still With Me (Our High-Risk Pregnancy).