New Workout Routine (Interactive Webcam Fitness)

So, this is a slightly different post than I normally do but I wanted to let you, my readers, in on a new workout routine I’m going to be starting up this week with HeyWorkout, an interactive webcam yoga & fitness studio.

During  Real Moms Talk  losing the baby weight, I shared a little bit about my life-long battle with weight. I also shared that I had 9 more pounds of baby weight to lose. At the end of the series, I announced that I had lost it! Sadly, as soon as I got off of the super strict eating plan I was on, I gained it all back. So, here I am two weeks from my son’s first birthday and I am not back at my pre-pregnancy weight. And I’m really disappointed. Like, eat a whole bag of chips disappointed.

I know I’m not the first woman who has struggled with her weight, especially after having a baby, and I won’t be the last. There are a lot of moms in the same boat of needing to be better versions of ourselves, specifically in the area of physical fitness – whether that’s losing weight, toning up or just feeling (and actually being) healthier. But sometimes being a mom gets in the way of making the time for it.

New Workout Routine. Interactive Webcame Yoga & Fitness Studio.

I’m not saying that it should, it just does. It’s hard to find time to take a shower, let alone go to the gym and then take a shower!

This is why I am excited that I came across HeyWorkout. You can take live classes or recorded classes from your computer in your own home. I was given a one year free membership in exchange for sharing my journey with my readers. I will give monthly updates either on my blog, Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Be sure you’re following me so you don’t miss it!

Also, HeyWorkout is offering a 14 day Free Trial to my readers (the normal trial is 7 days). If you’ve been looking for a workout regimen that will fit into your busy mom schedule, this might be it! Use my link to sign up for your trial.

I’ve checked out the site a little bit and have taken a few minutes of a couple different classes but I will officially start my journey today (May 16, 2016). For my first week, my goal is to log on 3 days and go to one class. My goal isn’t even to finish, it’s just to “go” and get through as much as I can of each class before my mommy duties call me away.

Working out is always more fun with a partner… I would love it if you would join me, even if it’s just for two weeks!

What’s your favorite workout?

13 thoughts on “New Workout Routine (Interactive Webcam Fitness)

1. Shannon May 17, 2016 / 7:46 am

This is a pretty cool idea- especially for busy people like us who don’t always want to or have time to go to the gym! For me…I went on antidepressants about a year and a half or so ago.. 2 different kinds…and put on about 10 pounds total. [Which is not that bad considering what I have read online but I have always been tiny/ never used to have to worry about my weight!] long story short…I have been eating healthier than ever, working out about 3 times a week, and have GAINED weight. UGH. talk about frustrating…so right now I am not going to stress about it, keep doing what I am doing but I am switching gyms to a gym with classes and a sauna…I think I need more instruction and I get bored doing the machines after awhile. Good luck with your fitness goals! 🙂

2. Fabiola Rodriguez May 17, 2016 / 9:40 pm

What matters is that you’re not giving up on losing the weight. More power to you! And don’t be too disappointed. It took me 18 months to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Just cut yourself some slack, give yourself some time, and keep working on your health and fitness journey 🙂

3. TheOrdinaryGirl (@mash_01x) May 21, 2016 / 9:53 pm

I am so so lazy to workout. Had a membership of a fitness club that went totally to waste. I envy people who really do work out as it really requires discipline! Good Luck 🙂

• inezbayardo May 21, 2016 / 11:38 pm

Haha. Yeah, I’m lazy about the gym, too! Thanks!

4. Danjuma May 22, 2016 / 5:02 am

workout is cool and trust that you will get back full shape and fitness sonlong the drive and focus is there.

5. Lawrence Hamilton May 22, 2016 / 10:34 am

It is what it is. I have all the faith in the world in you. You’ll make it happen! 🙂

6. Mary May 22, 2016 / 5:56 pm

I like this idea. How would you connect several people at once? I’m not a webcam person. lol.

• inezbayardo May 22, 2016 / 10:24 pm

I have no idea how that technology works! haha. I know you can see the instructor and you can opt for the instructor to see you but I don’t know if you can see the other people. I’m guessing its some sort of software that allows the instructor to have multiple people on webcam at once. I really don’t know. But it’s pretty cool!

7. Hil May 23, 2016 / 5:14 am

Wow, this looks really cool. I want to try it out but worried I will forget to actually do it. What a fun thing to review for your blog though, super jelly!

8. Myda Tahir May 25, 2016 / 4:59 pm

thanks Inez, will definitely check out the HEYWORK and use your link also.
    Great post dear and the great point also.