Happy Friday! Ok so, Friday actually means nothing to me but hey… every day should be a happy one, right? Today, I want to share a few of my favorite things. I’ve done a favorite things post before but it was a pretty random list, so today I thought I’d share some of my favorite baby products.
(This post contains affiliate links, please see my disclosure for more information)
- Chicco KeyFit 30 Car seat and Stroller Frame – I cannot even begin to express how happy I have been with this purchase. I LOVE this car seat and stroller frame. I love the car seat colors, it’s not too heavy and the cover is easily removable for washing. I also love the stroller frame. You can literally fold and unfold with one hand! I’m a little (or more than a little) sad that my son has moved on from using the stroller frame. He needs to sit up and see the world like a big boy. (Sigh)
- Sleep Sheep – This is probably not something I ever would have purchased but a friend gave it to me before my son was born and it turned out to be a favorite of ours, specifically in the newborn stage. The Sleep Sheep has different sounds (and volumes) to choose from and it also has a timer. I would usually set ours on the heartbeat sound for 45 minutes.
- Usborne Books – I am so in love with Usborne Books and so is my son. He definitely gravitates toward his Usborne books. I love that they have such a wide selection of board books for little eaters… I mean readers.
- Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap – I bought a bottle of the unscented baby-mild castile soap when I was pregnant and made my own baby wash (check out the recipe here). I started using it myself before having the baby and I still haven’t finished this bottle! This purchase has definitely saved me a lot of money.
- Gentle Baby Essential Oils – This is a newfound product for us. I was sent a bottle from a Young Living Consultant. I was very interested but, to be totally honest, slightly skeptical. I had tried Lavender from a different essential oils company and while I really loved the scent and idea of using essential oils, there was no noticeable effect. I tried Gentle Baby the first night after receiving it and I’ve been using it every night since. I am not really concerned about my son sleeping long stretches of consecutive hours but prior to using gentle baby he had a hard time going back to sleep after his midnight feeding and would wake up quite a bit after that. Since using Gentle Baby he nurses and goes back down without a fight. He has also slept his longest consecutive hours but, again, that’s not my goal. If he’s hungry, I want him to eat but I think he was dealing with some restlessness which this product has really helped with! I either put a couple of drops in his bath or I rub it in his feet with coconut oil as the carrier oil.
These are just a few of my favorite baby products. What’s yours?