Easter Activities for Babies

Easter Activities for Babies - Diary of a New Mommy

Easter is just around the corner and while your baby may be too young for an Easter Egg Hunt there are still plenty of activities for him/her to enjoy! Here are some ideas on how you can play with your baby using plastic eggs.

Easter Activities for Babies:

Easter Egg Shakers – Babies love to shake stuff up! Get a plastic Easter egg (I prefer large ones for safety reasons) and fill it up with rice, pasta or beans. Or you could fill multiple eggs each with a different filler. Tape the egg up. I used clear packing tape. My son love his egg shaker!

Egg Crawl (or Waddle!) – Place plastic eggs around the room and encourage your baby to crawl or walk to collect the eggs. For safety, tape the eggs up. Again, big eggs might be preferable. Especially for younger babies.

Eggs in the Basket – Help your baby put eggs in (and out of) a basket. You can count the eggs with your baby, identify the colors or you could even use your egg shakers and shake them up as you put them in the basket.

Crack the Egg Place sensory items such as felt, fabric, tissue paper (just be sure to closely supervise so baby doesn’t eat it) inside eggs. I even used a sock! Help your baby “crack” open the eggs and take out the sensory items. Talk to your baby about the item’s color, texture, sound, etc.

Again, I strongly recommend taping the eggs for these activities (except for “crack the egg”) and I prefer to use larger eggs because they can’t fit in my son’s mouth! Adult supervision is strictly advised.

15 thoughts on “Easter Activities for Babies

1. Cindy March 25, 2016 / 4:43 am

Those are great! My little one would definitely enjoy an egg hunt!

2. Emily @ The Innovative Mama March 25, 2016 / 9:00 am

My baby daughter is very much into putting things in and taking things out of something, so I think the activity of putting eggs in the basket and taking them out again would be perfect for her!

3. Jennifer March 25, 2016 / 9:06 am

These are all great ideas on how to help babies be involved with Easter 🙂

4. Heather March 25, 2016 / 9:23 am

I am trying to figure out what we are going to do for my toddler on Sunday, these are some great suggestions!

5. Ann March 25, 2016 / 10:30 am

Great tips for baby Easter activities! I love talking to my 3 & 5 kids about the things we did with them when they were babies for Easter.

• inezbayardo March 25, 2016 / 12:01 pm

Awww. That’s fun! Kids love hearing about when they were babies, too! Thanks for reading, Ann. 🙂

6. Hil March 25, 2016 / 8:02 pm

Egg shakers are a fav in my house. With some tape they last years!!

• inezbayardo March 25, 2016 / 9:31 pm

Good to know! My son loves his. He takes it everywhere he goes. haha.

7. Lily from Lilydaily.com March 25, 2016 / 9:48 pm

Great ideas on Easter fun activities! Wish my kids were younger so I can do these activities with them ; )

8. Sheri March 27, 2016 / 10:17 am

These are fun activities.
    Something playful for the little ones. Mine is 9 months going on 9! We will try some of these tomorrow 🙂

9. Alexandria March 27, 2016 / 11:18 am

Cute ideas! Now that my daughter is 6 months I love how eager she is to learn and explore. Will definitely try these today!

10. Ali B March 28, 2016 / 7:24 am

The egg shaker sounds like a fun activity!

• inezbayardo March 28, 2016 / 10:51 pm

It is! My son doesn’t leave home without his these days. haha.