February Scripture Memory Challenge

If you’ve been keeping up with my Scripture Memory Challenge posts then you may have noticed I didn’t post one last week. If you’re interested it was, 1 Corinthians 15:58. I will be changing the format of how I post the Scriptures. I will do one post a month with all of my verses for that month (I apologize for being a week late!). Also, I will be sending weekly updates on the verse for the week in my newsletter. These updates will include personal application, studies, etc. similar to what I did in the month of January but they will be less polished (edited)!

February Scripture Challenge

If you want to be a part of these weekly updates, please sign up here. Here are my Scriptures for the rest of the  month. If you don’t’ have one for the week, feel free to take mine!  If you do have one, I’d love to hear what it is. Leave your verse in the comments!

• Week of February 8: Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting you. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to you. Psalm 143:8
  • Week of February 15: For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. Zephaniah 3:17
  • Week of February 22: Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands. Deuteronomy 7:9
  • Week of February 29: Where is another God like you, who pardons the guilt of the remnant, overlooking the sins of his special people? You will not stay angry with your people forever, because you delight in showing unfailing love. Micah 7:18

15 thoughts on “February Scripture Memory Challenge

1. Miranda February 9, 2016 / 6:25 pm

These are amazing verses to memorize. I was doing a lot of memorization last year but haven’t this year. Thanks for the motivation!

2. Jed February 10, 2016 / 6:05 am

Neat idea. I like your Scripture memory challenge and need to spend more time in this area. Wishing you a blessed week!

3. Rebecca B. February 10, 2016 / 8:34 am

Thank you for this post! I am working on refocusing my faith and will work on memorizing these wonderful verses.

• inezbayardo February 12, 2016 / 8:10 pm

That’s awesome Rebecca! I’d love to hear how it’s going. 🙂

4. Mardene Carr February 10, 2016 / 11:30 am

It is good to memorize certain scriptures because you might be at a place where you do not have a bible and that will help

• inezbayardo February 12, 2016 / 8:09 pm

Yes! Great point. 🙂 We don’t always have a Bible handy and the Word says it is our weapon so we may need it quick when facing a spiritual battle.

5. Jonathan Key February 10, 2016 / 9:19 pm

This is a great memory challenge! I like the new format too. I need to memorize more Scripture too. Hope you have a great weekend!

• inezbayardo February 10, 2016 / 9:54 pm

Thanks, Jonathan! I appreciate the feedback. Have a great weekend, too!

6. danielle wells February 11, 2016 / 6:25 pm

I like the verses you’ve chosen for this month. And 1 a week seems totally doable! Good for you for being proactive!

7. Marissa February 12, 2016 / 9:28 am

I love that you are working this challenge publicly. I used to avoid memorizing verses because it was too hard for me… but I’ve been using Scripture Typer app on my phone and it’s amazing how great this discipline has been.

• inezbayardo February 12, 2016 / 10:48 am

I think a reader mentioned that before. Maybe it was you? I don’t know. haha. I’m going to look into it! The challenge for me is to learn scripture without needing to make up actions. That’s the children’s pastor in me! haha.

8. Anna Clarke February 15, 2016 / 6:10 pm

Love this! Thank you for sharing!