Scripture Memory Challenge: Week One

If you read my post, 7 Categories for New Year’s Resolutions, you know that I have made a goal to memorize one scripture per week in 2016. Initially, I was going to do one per month but I decided to challenge myself a little more.

So, one a week it is!

I have also decided to share my weekly scripture on my blog and, also, updates on how it’s going. You are welcome to join in, too! You can either memorize the same verse or you can do one of your own choice but I would love to hear from you in the comments how it’s going or things that God is showing you about the scripture verse. I am not going to commit to posting a weekly scripture study (I know my limits) but I will do one from time to time because: 1) I love studying God’s Word and 2) I think it’s important to know what the verses mean!

I took this week’s verse from the list I shared on 6 Scriptures for a New Year. I just love this verse and I know it to some degree but I think I usually paraphrase it! This week’s verse is Ephesians 3:20-21.

Scripture-Week-1-Ephesians 3:20-21

I have saved this image on my phone and set it as my wallpaper (replacing the photo of my son… I must mean business!). If you would like to memorize this passage as well, or even just focus on it this week, feel free to grab it for your wallpaper.

Happy Memorizing!

11 thoughts on “Scripture Memory Challenge: Week One

1. Jennifer DeFrates/Heaven Not Harvard January 5, 2016 / 7:54 pm

Writing God’s words on your heart is more than beautiful, it’s armor for living in this world! Good luck with your challenge. I like to set verses to a beat and sing them. Makes them hard to forget. Plus my daughter learns them along with me.

• inezbayardo January 5, 2016 / 8:34 pm

Yeah, many of the scriptures I have memorized are either in song form or have actions. I was a children’s pastor for 13 years. haha. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂

2. Miranda January 5, 2016 / 9:25 pm

That is a very great scripture. Memorizing the Bible is a great goal to have in the new year!

• inezbayardo January 5, 2016 / 10:45 pm

Yes, it is! Thanks for stopping by. 🙂

3. Marissa January 6, 2016 / 5:37 am

Memorizing scripture has been a huge blessing for me this past year… I’m working my way through Thessalonians as part of a study, almost 3 whole chapters memorized! I use scripture typer on my phone and online, it’s such a great tool!

4. Susannah January 6, 2016 / 9:21 am

What a wonderful challenge for the new year! It’s so important to learn and memorize the word of God! ❤

5. Jonathan Key January 7, 2016 / 6:49 pm

Scripture memorization is so important! This is a great post keep up the good work!