I know that the start of a new year brings different feelings for different people. Some are excited to see the end of a year and others are nervous about what lies ahead.
Whatever your feelings and whatever you may be facing, here are some Scriptures to encourage you. I will be memorizing and meditating on these in the weeks and months to come. I’ve highlighted some key words to focus on, as well.
Happy New Year!
6 Scriptures for the New Year:
- “Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established.” Proverbs 16:3
- “No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.” Philippians 3:13-14
- “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:20-21
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
- “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced…” 1 Chronicles 16:11-12
- The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17