Intentional Blessing (Day 2 of “31 Days”)

31 Days-Unplanned-Pregnancy-Novice-Mommy-Blog

So what do you call it when a woman doesn’t purposely get pregnant?

An accident?

Unplanned?

Unwanted?

I’ve heard all of these terms thrown around to describe such a pregnancy. And to be completely frank, I don’t like any of them!

A few weeks ago I heard the term, “unintended pregnancy.” At first I thought, that’s a really good way to describe it. But almost as quickly as I had that thought another thought came to me.

Actually, no it’s not. The pregnancy was intended.

When I was pregnant I had a few people tell me, “God allowed you to get pregnant for a reason”. I know what they meant, God had a purpose for this new life, but the truth is God did not allow me to get pregnant.

He intentionally created a life – on purpose and for a purpose.

As traumatic as it was for me to find out I was pregnant and to begin to navigate through that, I knew one thing for sure… my child was a gift from God.

I didn’t know why He chose to give me such a gift. But I knew, without a doubt, that my baby was a gift.

A blessing.

I still don’t know why God chose to give me this gift, especially when the last thing I “deserved” was a gift or blessing.

I’ll probably never understand why God ever chooses to bless me.

Even so, no one will ever convince me that my son is anything but an intentional creation by an intentional God.

Every child is a gift from God.

Every child was created with foresight and intention.

I think our terminology needs some changing when it comes to these pregnancies – both the adjective and the noun.

I kind of like intentional blessing.

11 thoughts on “Intentional Blessing (Day 2 of “31 Days”)

1. Jennifer October 3, 2015 / 3:44 pm

I love “intentional blessing.” That’s the perfect summation of God’s gifts to us actually.

• inezbayardo October 4, 2015 / 4:40 am

Thank you so much for stopping by!

2. Jennifer Stewart October 3, 2015 / 10:04 pm

Why don’t you deserve this blessing?

• inezbayardo October 4, 2015 / 4:33 am

Personally, I don’t think anyone “deserves” any of the blessings we receive. In the words of my mother, “God is just a kind God.” But that’s just my opinion, of course. 🙂

3. Jennifer Stewart October 4, 2015 / 7:19 pm

Ok then. I guess I knew you were going to say that.

4. Monica Martinez October 6, 2015 / 9:39 pm

What a GREAT post! I actually pictured a brochure/pamphlet with these very words as I was reading this. I agree, there are no accidents with God. He IS intentional and EVERY life is a gift ; especially when you think of the amazing development of the baby from the moment of conception. It blows me away! No wonder a life is referred to as a miracle, it truly is!
    I look forward to future posts…

• inezbayardo October 6, 2015 / 9:53 pm

Than you, Monica, for your encouragement and for reading. 🙂 Oh… and I’d be happy to make you a brochure. haha

5. Beth Lambdin October 15, 2015 / 1:55 pm

Inez….Yes & amen! Every baby is a gift from God and planned by Him…no mistakes, no accidents…He is the creator of ALL life.

• inezbayardo October 15, 2015 / 4:56 pm