Moving Beyond Belief {Whole Mama}

Asking one to write on the word “belief” can be kind of loaded. There’s so many directions to take, so many things to believe in.

Or maybe it’s just me. I have a lot of beliefs.

I believe in a Creator.

I believe that Creator is God.

I believe God has a son.

I believe that son’s name is Jesus.

I believe Jesus became man.

I believe that man died on a cross and rose 3 days later.

I believe this was all done for the forgiveness of our sins and the gift of eternal life.

Yes, I believe we are all sinners.

Yet, I also believe we are all innately good. After all, we were created in the image of a perfect God (I believe that, too).

I believe we all want to love and be loved (again, a quality of our Maker).

I believe we all have hopes and dreams.

I believe we all have fears and disappointments, too.

I believe we all want to be a part of something greater than ourselves.

I believe each one of us has the ability to do something great, to be someone great, for someone if not for a bunch of someone’s.

I believe in miracles and not just the ones I read about in the Bible. I believe in miracles for today.

I believe in a lot of things.

If only I could move beyond my belief and into action.

If only I could move from believing in love to being love. From believing in hopes and dreams to living them. From believing in miracles to seeing them happen.

I believe we can believe in a lot of things but at some point we have to put that belief to the test.

At some point we have to step out and live like we believe.

8 thoughts on “Moving Beyond Belief {Whole Mama}

1. queenheroical September 9, 2015 / 9:43 pm

This is where “the rubber meets the road” as my dad liked to day. Very true, at some point we all need to walk it, and often that means leaving our cozy spaces and risk our hearts. With the help of that creator God, who pursues us …

2. Gayl September 11, 2015 / 1:08 am

“At some point we have to step out and live like we believe.” You nailed it! It’s interesting that we had some of the same thoughts in our posts. I finally got around to writing again. Love these #wholemama posts.

• Inez Bayardo September 11, 2015 / 2:20 am

I’ll have to check it out. I don’t think yours was up when I read the posts. Thanks for reading. 🙂

3. Amelia Richardson Dress September 11, 2015 / 4:55 pm

What a powerful idea, that movement from believing in love to being love. Thank goodness for grace or we’d never even get close!

4. Amanda Cleary Eastep September 12, 2015 / 9:09 pm

As someone once told me, even the devil believes in Jesus. That shocked me at the time with its truth and what that then meant for my own belief. Live like we believe. I was just having a conversation about this with my husband yesterday, contemplating how intentional we were being in living out our faith. Excellent post.

5. Erika Shirk September 14, 2015 / 11:08 pm

“If only I could move beyond my belief and into action.”

The lifelong challenge of following Jesus. Love this post, Inez.