Dreaming on Paper {Five Minute Friday}

Dreaming-on-Paper

Some say that dreaming in black and white could be a sign of depression.

Dreaming in a foreign language is a sign that you have mastered that language.

And dreaming on paper?

When you dream on paper your dreams are most likely to come to fruition.

Of course, I’m not talking abut the kind of dreams you have when you’re fast asleep . I’m talking about the kind of dreams you dream with your eyes open. The kind you dream when you are fully cognizant of life around you.

The things you’d like to do. Places you’d like to go. People you’d like to meet. Jobs you’d like to have. Books you’d like to write.

Something very powerful happens when we write our dreams down. Seeing those dreams in writing activates us to achieve them.

I know this from personal experience.

Several years ago I attended a conference where I was introduced to the concept of keeping a dream book.

That day I started dreaming. By the end of the one hour session I had over 100 dreams written down. After leaving that conference, I went and purchased a book and started writing down my dreams.

I still have the book. I have dated several achieved dreams and have added hundreds more.

In fact, about a year and half prior to becoming pregnant I wrote down the name “Malachi” after hearing the name in conversation with a friend.

I can’t wait until the day I can show my son, Malachi, that I dreamed him up on paper before he was born.

When’s the last time you dreamed on paper?

This post is part of the Five Minute Friday Link Up. Check it out to read more posts or to join the community yourself.

PS. Thanks to Erika at Overflow for helping me discover this link up!

10 thoughts on “Dreaming on Paper {Five Minute Friday}

1. Lyndse June 27, 2015 / 5:54 am

Interesting! Thanks for sharing…this was a new concept to me.

Visiting from fmf. xx

2. Erika (daylilyoverflow) June 27, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Aww, i’m glad you joined us! I love the idea of a dream book! It would be especially fun to add the dates later.

• novicemommy June 28, 2015 / 12:11 pm

Yes, it is. I love going through my book and seeing the dates. Especially, in times when I feel a little lost. Thanks for reading. 🙂

3. Christina Hubbard June 27, 2015 / 1:52 pm

A dream book on paper. So wonderful! Thanks for sharing the idea! I’ve heard the same about goals: write them on paper and they are much more likely to come to fruition. LInking up with you via #fmfparty.

4. theameribritmom June 28, 2015 / 5:26 pm

This post is awesome and has inspired me to write out my dreams as well. Glad to join the FMF too!

• novicemommy June 28, 2015 / 5:47 pm

That’s awesome!! Thanks so much for reading.