Dreaming on Paper

Dreaming-on-paper-novice-mommy-blogSome say that dreaming in black and white could be a sign of depression. Dreaming in a foreign language is a sign that you have mastered that language. And dreaming on paper? When you dream on paper your dreams are most likely to come to fruition.

Of course, I’m not talking abut the kind of dreams you have when you’re fast asleep . I’m talking about the kind of dreams you dream with your eyes open. The kind you dream when you are fully cognizant of life around you. The things you’d like to do. Places you’d like to go. People you’d like to meet. Jobs you’d like to have. Books you’d like to write.

Something very powerful happens when we write our dreams down. Seeing those dreams in writing activates us to achieve them.

I know this from personal experience!

Several years ago I attended a conference where I was introduced to the concept of keeping a dream book. That day I started dreaming. By the end of the one hour session I had over 100 dreams written down. After leaving that conference, I went and purchased a book and started writing down my dreams. I still have the book. I have dated several achieved dreams and have added hundreds more.

In fact, about a year and half prior to becoming pregnant I wrote down a boy’s name after hearing the name in conversation with a friend. I told her that it would by my baby’s name.

I can’t wait until the day I can show my son that I dreamed him up on paper before he was born.

When’s the last time you dreamed on paper?

Dreaming on Paper - Do you write your dreams down? Check out this post to find out why you should!

19 thoughts on “Dreaming on Paper

1. Lyndse June 27, 2015 / 5:54 am

Interesting! Thanks for sharing…this was a new concept to me.

Visiting from fmf. xx

2. Erika (daylilyoverflow) June 27, 2015 / 1:36 pm

Aww, i’m glad you joined us! I love the idea of a dream book! It would be especially fun to add the dates later.

• novicemommy June 28, 2015 / 12:11 pm

Yes, it is. I love going through my book and seeing the dates. Especially, in times when I feel a little lost. Thanks for reading. 🙂

3. Christina Hubbard June 27, 2015 / 1:52 pm

A dream book on paper. So wonderful! Thanks for sharing the idea! I’ve heard the same about goals: write them on paper and they are much more likely to come to fruition. LInking up with you via #fmfparty.

4. theameribritmom June 28, 2015 / 5:26 pm

This post is awesome and has inspired me to write out my dreams as well. Glad to join the FMF too!

• novicemommy June 28, 2015 / 5:47 pm

That’s awesome!! Thanks so much for reading.

5. Marie April 24, 2016 / 5:56 am

What a wonderful idea! I haven’t done this before in this manner but I definitely want to start one now. I agree that it will be so cool in the future to show your son how you dreamed him before he was born (with the paper to prove it).

6. Cynthia @craftoflaughter April 24, 2016 / 3:55 pm

What an interesting post! I always think I’ll remember my dreams and then never do. Perhaps I need a dream book!

7. Meg @EveryMomDay April 25, 2016 / 4:21 pm

I love how this was written and worded. I used to write a lot more: lists, plans, etc. But I find myself writing less – and getting less done. Now, for me its because the kids color on every single piece of paper we own… lol. I need to get in a better habit with writing lists again because you are so right on this one!

• inezbayardo July 2, 2016 / 4:00 pm

Thanks! I need to get back to writing lists myself! 🙂