Budget-Friendly Labor & Delivery Nurse Gifts

Who doesn’t like to feel appreciated? I know I do! Even when it’s your job and you get paid for it, it’s nice to know that someone appreciates what you do. That’s why I think labor & delivery nurse gifts are a great idea!

Especially since you may not always use your please and thank you’s in your sweet voice while going through labor!

budget-friendly-labor-delivery-nurse-gifts-1

When I started looking for gift ideas, I quickly realized that this small gesture could get quite spendy. Being on an extremely tight budget, giving each nurse a Starbucks cup with a Starbucks gift card simply wasn’t an option.

I found an idea on Pinterest and then scaled it down to fit my budget. For example, instead of a full-size candy bar, I did mini candy bars and instead of a tin of mints I did handfuls of individually wrapped mints.

Each bag turned out to be $2.64. I made 15 bags (my friend and Doula suggested 12-15). Below is a list of what I included in the bags. However, I will say if I were to do it again I would just do a bag of candy or cookies. In talking with some nurses, I found out they really like the treats.

I purchased some really cute (small) chevron goody bags from Target and a roll of white curling ribbon. Here’s what I put inside:

• 1 Mini Hershey’s Bar
  • 7 Lifesaver Mints (Wint O Green and Pep O Mint)
  • 1 Starbucks Via Packet (Bonus: you earn one Star per box for your gold card)
  • 1 Carmex

Then, I printed out a thank you message from Kinzie’s Kreations, cut them, signed them, punched a whole in them and tied one around each bag. I made the bags at 37 weeks. It was a fun project to do as I neared my due date and looked forward to the arrival of my baby boy.

9 thoughts on “Budget-Friendly Labor & Delivery Nurse Gifts

1. cristina October 9, 2015 / 11:24 pm

I love that they are all budget friendly..having a new baby in mind and all the joy ( and expenses) that comes with labor and delivery..this is really awesome! Sharing this on A Bountiful Love’s page. Hope you have a great weekend!

• inezbayardo October 10, 2015 / 2:08 am

YES!! Budget friendly is a MUST with a new baby. They are adorably expensive. 🙂 Thanks so much for reading and stopping by!

2. Kim March 3, 2016 / 10:58 am

How did you dole these out? Did u place them on the nurses station or did you give them to the nurses that came into your room. I want to do this, however our hospital staffs a large maternity ward. Im worried my personal nurses my not get one by the time the next shift hits. So im curious as to what you recommend.

• inezbayardo March 3, 2016 / 11:55 am

I gave them to the nurse when I checked in and she left them at the nurses station. I had several nurses thank me for the goodies and as I was walking around, I saw them eating the candies. You could always keep a few in your room but it might be the last thing on your mind, so I would definitely recommend leaving a bunch at the nurses station!

3. Amethyst April 12, 2016 / 1:40 pm

Gifts bags are one of my favorite things in the world! I made gift bags for an Easter party I threw this year and it made all the adults feel like kids again. Such a wonderful idea you had! I’m sure you made the nurses’ day!

• Inez May 28, 2016 / 10:04 pm

Aww, that’s too sweet! I love gift bags, too. That was the biggest part of my budget for my son’s party coming up. haha.